Product name: 2012 Ethical Guide to Supermarket Shopping
Reviewer: Katie Adema
Author: Compiled by Nick Ray and Clint Healy
Buy Online: Ethical Consumer Guide
Vote with your wallet with the 2012 Ethical Guide to Supermarket Shopping, a handy pocket-sized booklet to help you spend your hard-earned dollars on building a better planet. It covers everything from food to cosmetics and clothing, with an easy-to-understand icon rating system.
It’s the ideal size for keeping in your bag for quick reference, so every time you shop in a supermarket, you can make an informed decision. When you purchase a product, the money you spend endorses a company and its activities, whether you are aware of it or not. The Guide to Ethical Supermarket Shopping 2012 offers you a practical way to make a positive difference through your everyday purchases.
The guide also contains information about issues such as palm oil, overfishing, animal welfare, genetic engineering, multinational ownership and more! Inside the Guide you'll find:
• A comprehensive list of products and brands, aisle by aisle, with company and parent company information
• Easy-to-use icons to clearly identify company ratings, Australian ownership, and outstanding products
• Expanded Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care section now includes pharmacy and department store brands
• See how SABMiller's purchase of Foster's and Pacific Beverages changes the Australian beer landscape
• 'Supermarkets in Australia' blurb with side-by-side comparison of Woolworths, Wesfarmers (Coles), Metcash
• Five principles to guide a more sustainable purchase
• Easy-to-use contents page, index page, and colour-coded categories.